Welcome To Upton Lane Medical Centre
Welcome to our surgery website.
Where we hope you will benefit from a user friendly layout and a wealth of information about our healthcare services.
You can learn when we are open and what to do when we’re not, all from the comfort of your own home.
Our Online Consult is available to use during surgery hours,
Monday - Friday from 8am till 6.30pm.
If you need to consult with your GP out of these hours you can contact Out of Hours on:
0207 511 8880
Monday-Thursday from 6.30pn until 07.59am
Friday from 6.30pm until Monday 07.59am
And 24 hrs on Bank Holidays.
INCASE OF URGENT MEDICAL ATTENTION PLEASE CONTACT 111
OR 999 FOR MEDICAL EMERGENCIES
We urge everyone eligible who has not yet had their first vaccine to book on the national booking system or call 119.
If you have had your first vaccine, please make sure you have your second vaccine to ensure maximum protection.
If you have specific concerns about taking the vaccine and would like to talk to a health professional please contact your GP.
Everyone aged over 18 (and some 16 and 17 year olds) can have a vaccine and there is comprehensive information, guidance, and answers to questions, including vaccination information for pregnant women, frontline health and social care staff and carers at COVID-19 Vaccination programme | East London Health & Care Partnership (eastlondonhcp.nhs.uk)
Getting the help you need
Some consultations are over the phone and via video but we will assess your situation and invite you into the practice if needed.
We can arrange same-day appointments if you need urgent care but please don't visit without an appointment. Appointments will be held in the best way to keep you safe from Covid.
You can also contact 111, day or night, for other urgent health advice - including if you have concerns about your Covid-19 symptoms.
Please remember that 999 and A&E are for emergencies.
Please help reduce infections, protect the NHS and keep each other safe by following the latest rules.
If you need to come for an appointment, please remember that social distancing remains in place, and to wear a face covering when you enter the building unless you are exempt due to a medical condition.
Newham Covid Testing Centres.
Those attending will be reminded to wear face coverings and to not travel by public transport to the site. Residents with access to a vehicle are encouraged to use the drive through test sites rather than the walk through sites.
PLEASE BOOK IN ADVANCE WHERE POSSIBLE.
1. Drive through test sites - opening times 10am-5pm
- You must book in advance online on: www.nhs.uk/ask-for-a-coronavirus-test or call 119
2. Home testing via national 119 portal
- You must ordered online on: www.nhs.uk/ask-for-a-coronavirus-test
3. Walk through test site (Hilda Road, East Ham E6) – opening times 8am -8pm
- You must book in advance online on: www.nhs.uk/ask-for-a-coronavirus-test or call 119The testing is done at the Hilda Road entrance NOT East Ham Care Centre/Shrewsbury Road HC
Online-Consult is free to use for NHS patients.
Use Online-Consult to ask your GP about your health symptoms, conditions or treatment.
You can even request things like sick notes and GP letters.
- All you need to do is click here or on the picture above.
- 1. Find your symptom, condition or request.
- 2. Fill out a quick form.
- 3. We respond by phone, text or email, within 24-72 hours!
- You can also use Online-Consult to register with us!!
Take control of your healthcare with Patient Access
Book appointments, order repeat prescriptions and view your records
(Site updated 10/05/2022)